This is a short bit to finish off my last blog It Started With Scraps (you can see it here: https://diggingupbonesbratkin.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/it-started-with-scraps/ )

I finished binding the quilt today. I decided to put a flange binding on it using some of the same red that is the backing of the quilt as a flange and some black to set off the red flange.

Here is me sewing the binding onto the quilt.binding-being-sewn-on

Here is the binding from the front:

binding-showing-flange

And here it is on the bed:

meandering-quilting

Yes, that’s right, there are 10,000 pieces in this quilt.

WHEW!

 

Advertisements